As the weather warms up you can’t help but think about ice cream.
However, you also can’t help but think about the fact that soon you'll be wearing bikinis and tank tops…oh my!
So here is the perfect solution for a tasty treat that is also easy on your waistline!
Simply place frozen bananas, pineapple, and a little coconut (or regular) milk in a blender and you have a cool treat that will also make you feel great!
Banana Piña Colada Ice Cream
servings: 2 cups; serves 2
- 2 cups sliced frozen bananas (about 3 small bananas)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Diced pineapple, for a garnish
- 2 maraschino cherries, for a garnish
- Place the bananas, frozen pineapple, and coconut milk in a blender and blend the mixture on low speed until it is pureed and smooth—about 2 minutes. If it isn’t blending easily, use a spoon to stir and push the mixture to the bottom of the blender, or try adding a touch more coconut milk.
- Serve the ice cream immediately with diced pineapple and a cherry. Or if you prefer, you can re-freeze it for later; if you do this, you will need to allow it to thaw a little before eating.