It wasn’t that long ago that I was huddled up under a mound of blankets watching Hawaii Life on HGTV as I seriously considered packing up and joining those happy people on the screen.
But no matter how never-ending winter might seem, before you know it, the sun is shining and the temperature is rising.
Since NYC doesn’t seem to have this season they call “spring,” I have gone from snow boots directly to flips flops in a matter of days.
However, I’m fine with it because this summer weather means that my terrace is officially open for business and that it’s time to entertain!
If you come over to my place for dinner, there is no such thing as a one course meal.
I like to have multiple courses at multiple locations; a meal like this starts with small handheld appetizers in the seating area of my terrace, leaving the table for more serious courses later on.
Many times I have spent the entire day making the main meal so I like to keep my appetizers simple--without anyone knowing that ;).
When you take bread, brie, honey and pink peppercorns and bake them up, you create a unique and yummy appetizer in only a matter of minutes.
...Which leaves plenty of time to whip up another course or indulge in a well-deserved pre-guest glass of wine.
Brie + Honey Crostini with Pink Peppercorns
servings: 8 crostinis
- 8 baguette slices
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, cut into eight ½-ounce slices
- 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped pink or black peppercorns
- Turn on the broiler, to high if you have that option. Arrange the baguette slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Top each of the slices with 1 piece of the brie and 1 teaspoon of the honey.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and brown–2 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the crostini from the oven and top each with another teaspoon of the honey a heavy sprinkle of peppercorns.
- Serve immediately with a knife and fork, or simply just pick up and enjoy!