I’m obsessed with appetizers.
I’m the kind of person who would rather pick at a million different things all night than sit down to a full meal (and of course, then I convince myself I didn’t eat nearly as much).
And when I host a party, I like to have as many things as possible in mini-size, like a fun size candy bar, the perfect amount for one person...
Or at least the perfect amount for one person per one minute!!
And though a baked brie can be heaven, it’s big, messy, and once all the good toppings are gone you are just left with melted cheese.
NOT that melted cheese isn’t arguably my favorite food. Oh! And un-melted cheese my second favorite. Yes, that seems fair.
But back to the point...
So like everything else in my life that I like to make mini-size, I took a classic baked brie and made it mini! These minis have all the flavors of a baked brie in a two bites (or one bite for my husband). Perfection!
Brie + Jam Crostini
servings: 16 crostinis
- 1 small baguette
- 1 to 1 ½ cups raspberry jam
- 1 wedge brie cheese (about 6 ounces), cut into ¼- ½-inch slices
- 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Slice the baguette into sixteen ½-inch thick slices, cutting on an angle. Then toast the baguette until it is just lightly toasted.
- Top each toasted baguette slice with a heaping tablespoon of jam, then a piece of brie, and finally the leaves from about half a sprig of thyme.
- Put the slices in a toaster oven or regular oven until cheese is mostly melted. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Lots of jams work with this recipe--besides raspberry, my favorites are apricot, strawberry and blackberry.
- Be sure to spread on a nice, thick layer of jam; there should be an equal amount of jam to cheese.
- To get the thyme leaves off the stem easily, simply run your fingers against the grain along the stem.
- These are still good even when they become room temperature--the cheese will still be a little melty!