Currently, I have one measly cucumber in the garden.
Due to some bug problems and a bit of an overcrowding situation in my center planter box, Mr. Cucumber isn't quite thriving.
However, in the past--and definitely at the farmers market--there is usually a cucumber explosion this time of year.
And I love cucumbers raw, but a person can only eat so many raw cucumber slices.
So when the cucumbers are too many to count, there is only one thing to do.
Make cucumber chips!
These delicate little chips are such a fun and crunchy way to eat your cucumbers. Great for dipping and snacking!
servings: 288 Chips
- 2 English cucumbers, cut into ⅛-inch-thick rounds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food storage bag and let them marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 225°F. Remove the marinated chips from the food storage bag and spread them into single layers on four parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake the cucumber chips until they are brown and crispy—a total time of about 1½ hours. After the first hour, rotate the pans in the oven. You will know they are done because when you lift the cucumber slices from the baking sheet, they should not bend and will look completely dried out.