Why do they call deviled egg, DEVILED eggs?
Are they devilishly delicious? Yes!
But still, the name sounds a little evil.
Well, just in case you thought they were evil for you, I have made a simple deviled egg topped with coconut bacon. It might be called a deviled egg, but it is heaven sent.
Deviled Eggs with Coconut Bacon
servings: 10 halves
- 5 large eggs, hardboiled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pickle relish
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped Coconut Bacon
- Smoked sea salt, for a garnish
- Smoked paprika, for a garnish
- Cut the hardboiled eggs in half, carefully scooping out the yolks. Place the yolks in a bowl with the mayonnaise, mustard, relish, salt and pepper, and mash together with a fork until mostly smooth and combined.
- Spoon the yolk filling into the egg halves and top with the Coconut Bacon and a sprinkle of the smoked sea salt and paprika.