I love to have people over for appetizers.
And amazingly, this fall it’s stayed warm enough to have plenty of appetizer parties on my terrace.
I love to pick and drink and pick and drink...
And since the leaves started changing, I’ve pulled out these pepper pumpkins almost every time I have guests.
They're easy and oh-so-cute, and when you fill them with a homemade veggie dip, they make the perfect fall appetizers.
Just cut jack-o-lantern faces into orange peppers and fill them with a combo of Greek yogurt, mayo, dill, garlic, and sundried tomatoes.
And when the dip is gone, you can just devour these little pumpkins, too.
Voila! Suddenly you have no dishes!
And that is what really makes for a great party.
Jack-O-Lantern Peppers with Onion + Dill Veggie Dip
servings: 4 peppers with 2 cups dip
- 1¼ cups plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup packed coarsely chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh scallions
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 medium orange bell peppers with flat bottoms + intact stems
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, scallions, tomatoes, onion flakes, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and salt, then set aside.
- Cut straight across the tops of the peppers, then set the tops aside. Scoop out and discard the pepper seeds.
- Using a small, sharp paring knife, cut jack-o-lantern faces out of each pepper (such as triangle eyes and a smile with teeth).
- Scoop ¼ of the veggie dip (about ½ cup) into each pepper, then replace the tops.
- Serve with your favorite crudité platter, veggies, or crackers.
- The dip is best when it sits for at least 30 minutes; make it ahead of time, if possible.