This might be my favorite souped-up mac and cheese recipe.
And it’s also the simplest!
All you need to do is add some chili powder and scallions!
Then top it with some tangy salsa!
It’s so easy, but mac and cheese and salsa just really love each other.
And my belly can't help getting in on this Lovefest, too!
Salsa Boxed Mac + Cheese
- One 6-ounce box macaroni + cheese with powdered cheese mix
- ½ cup coarsely chopped scallions, more for a garnish
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup chunky salsa or pico de gallo
- Place a medium pot of salted water over high heat for cooking the macaroni. When the water boils, add the macaroni and cook according to the package directions; drain when finished.
- Return the pasta to the same pot over medium heat, adding the scallions, milk, butter, cheese powder packet, and chili powder, then stir all ingredients to combine.
- To serve, top with the salsa and reserved scallions.