Buffalo Mac and Cheese—made in minutes and good for you?!
If you think you're dreaming, I would suggest pinching yourself! Then read on!
I wanted to bring all the usual Buffalo chicken suspects to the table: Franks RedHot Sauce, celery, and chicken, of course.
Then to make sure you feel good about piling your plate with seconds, we'll toss in some wilted spinach, which also livens things up a bit.
And because you already have butter in there from the mac and cheese, the hot sauce is all you need to finish off that classic Buffalo flavor.
This is sinfully delicious, but let’s not forget—you are eating chicken, celery, and spinach.
So it really is a complete meal, veggies included!
Dig in, already!
Buffalo Chicken Boxed Mac + Cheese
makes: 3 cups
- One 7.25-ounce boxed mac + cheese with cheese powder (such as Kraft Macaroni + Cheese Dinner Original)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh baby spinach (about 1½ ounces)
- 4 ounces cooked chicken, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ¾ cup finely chopped celery (about 3 stalks)
- Pinch of blue cheese (optional)
- Place a medium pot of salted water over high heat for cooking the macaroni. When the water boils, add the macaroni and cook according to the package directions; drain when finished.
- Return the pasta to the same pot over medium heat, adding the butter, milk, hot sauce, and cheese powder packet, then stir all ingredients to combine.
- Add the spinach, chicken, and ½ cup of the celery, then stir to incorporate all ingredients and wilt the spinach.
- To serve, top with the remaining celery and a sprinkle of blue cheese (if desired).