Chicken noodle soup is great and all, but if the stock you're using isn’t first class, well, the whole thing can end up tasting...just okay.
So for this recipe, I’m using veggies that will infuse the broth with a spicy, smoky flavor.
A flavor that will wake up your taste buds.
Roasted red peppers, fire roasted tomatoes, and sriracha—all things you can find in any grocery store these days!
These ingredients elevate what was once a basic soup to anything but.
But let’s be honest, I hooked you as soon as I said Sriracha Hot Chicken Soup. 😉
Sriracha Hot Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Two 12-ounce jars roasted red peppers (about 4 small peppers)
- Two 32-ounce boxes chicken or vegetable stock (8 cups)
- One 14-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, more for garnish
- 1 avocado, pit + skin removed, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, then add the celery, onions, carrots, garlic and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Cook this mixture until it is soft and fragrant—about 7 minutes.
- While the veggies cook, drain the roasted red peppers, then prepare by pureeing them in a food processor or blender, or finely chopping by hand.
- To the pot with the veggies, add the stock, pureed roasted peppers, tomatoes, sriracha (use 1 to 2 tablespoons, depending on how spicy you like things), and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring this mixture to a simmer, then cook to allow the flavors to combine—about 5 minutes.
- Add the egg noodles and cook until they are a couple of minutes short of al dente—about 5 minutes. Add the cooked chicken, lime juice, and parsley, then cook until the chicken is warmed through—about 3 to 5 minutes. Taste the soup and add salt if needed.
- To serve, top with the additional parsley along with the avocado. Enjoy with grilled bread if desired.